Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 19: Swiss spring
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:30:14 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>> Thanks, Ted! The people are critical, as you point out, and are no
accident.
> This is really an image I composed in the finder and just waited for
exactly
> this. I had previously noticed that there was a footpath there, and since
it was
> a gorgeous day with lots of people out and about, I did not have to wait
long.<<

Hi Nathan,
What you consistently illustrate is, "to see beyond the end of your nose!"
It's seeing the potential of the situation, then waiting for the moment to
become......"the moment of exposure!"

And that's something many PAW pictures miss, the exact timing of the moment
for the best possible picture. Many PAW people would've seen only the
flowers and that was it, what you do is add the element that lifts your
photograph the notch beyond mediocre that we see so often.

Two things create that ability, one is natural talent to see. The other is
just plain common sense of looking and putting together the obvious elements
to make a good photograph.

Your timing of waiting for the people to walk into the frame which made the
photograph what it is, a damn fine piece of photography.

It's a lesson for all ..... to wait for the moment of exposure.

keep them coming!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant