Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:59:17 -0700

B.D.

At 04:58 PM 5/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> From a financial standpoint, making the switch is a non-brainer.

You're certainly right. But I wish it were that cut and dried! I have Canon
G2. Great camera for some things. But lacking in many ways. I've learned
first hand the limitations of digital. Inexpensive per frame? Absolutely.
But value is relative.

I made the no-brain switch to digital and I'm beginning to regret it in
some ways. Digital presentation just doesn't have the same impact as a
slide show. Cheaper and less effort, yes! But so is talking, so maybe I
should just describe things.

I've also noticed when using digital and conventional, I always end up with
far more digital images. But I end up with more good shots from
conventional. Quantity hasn't resulted in quality for me. Regardless of
what anyone says, personal experiences says to me that chrome film is more
archival than digital images. So the financial jury is still out.

Dave

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography)