Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture ring on new Noctilux
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:27:45 +0100

Well, the one I use feels exactly the same in either direction. It was new
3 years ago and has the in-built hood. I've never heard anybody say
that it's "normal" for a lens aperture ring to have a significant difference
in feel depending on the direction in which you turn it. The ring should
not be difficult to turn at all. Mine is quite smooth and it's decisive at the
click stops- in either direction.
A silly question! but you have pulled out (extended) the lens hood
before turning the aperture ring haven't you? The back of the hood
slides under the aperture ring and could be catching.

Bob Parsons

From: "Yong Chao Yun Terence"