Subject: RE: [Leica] Canine issue update - good news [very long]
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:53:53 -0400

My only comment about the abused Pit Bull that is a little cream puff after
eight weeks of training is....good luck to you and all small children and
animals. The Poodle I had the problem with did beautifully during his eight
weeks....would come, stay, heal on and off leash, sit and lie down on hand
commands...when told 'go to your place' would immediately head for a
particular table in the livingroom and lay down under it and stay there
until told to move...And this from a dog who was a cowering mess when he
arrived in the house, and who tried to go through the screen door to get the
mailman, and would lunge at anyone who came into the house.....He was really
great...until the day he snarled at a toddler....

My feeling is that once a dog, particularly a big dog, has been abused, your
fooling around with a loaded weapon with a hair trigger...

B. D.