Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure advice? and 280 APO
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 07:23:05 -0700

Bob Parsons wrote & I learned! :-)

>>> I have one of the older shoulder stocks (tubular) and found when
> wearing nothing over a shirt it was much more comfortable if I pushed
> a length of plastic foam tubing over the arms of the shoulder support.
> The tubing is the type sold by plumbers for insulating water pipes.<<<<

Well I'll be damned if that isn't the neatest idea! :-) Padding where it
hurts the most. ;-)
And considering I've been using mine since the 1984 Olympics in LA and the
"padded tubing" light never went on, I thank you for a neat idea. Thanks
Bob.

Once again proving one is never to old to learn! And even though we on
occasion in LUG world bark at each other, I'm constantly learning so many
things that after 50 plus years shooting you'd think one knew it all or
would've heard it all. Never!! Ever! Never!!!  Love this place for the
incredible learning experiences we have,  not just Leica's and photography
but so many other aspects of life.

Tomorrow it's to the plumbing shop with shoulder brace in hand looking for
the foam tubing! :-) Thanks once again for a great idea. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] exposure advice? and 280 APO)