Subject: Re: [Leica] new user
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:57:02 -0700

At 11:22 PM 6/4/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Since the introduction of the Bessa R2, for the starting-out rangefinder
>user, there really isn't much point in getting a used Leica,

Martin,

Careful here, my good man! Using a Leica isn't about snobbery. It's about
using one of the finest tools in the trade. Owning and not using a
Leica....that's collecting. :-)

Generally, the more a person invests in something, the more committed they
become. I never regretted buying my first Leica M (which I could hardly
afford at the time). I soon after regretting not having bought one sooner.

Dave