Subject: [Leica] you'll find only solutions from the PLUG, re: tina, honduras, dig ilux, and batteries
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:45:21 -0400

tina's taking a digilux to honduras, b.d. sed:

>Don't forget the gasoline generator - and battery recharger!;-)

a few years ago i decided to drive around america and write a book. (i had a
contract to write the book, they didn't give a ding where i did it). so i
packed up my powerbook 145b, various bits of stuff, and rode off into the
sunset. one of the wonderful things i had was a solar panel made by KISS
(keep it simple software) which powered and recharged my laptop battery.
later, i turned the penn archaeology department onto them and they've been
taking them out into the field since. a quick search of the web demonstrates
there are dozens of retailers selling solar powered battery chargers that
will keep your digilux in juice as long as you're in the field:

http://www.global-merchants.com/home/solars.htm