Subject: [Leica] Re: Novoflex Reflex Housings--was--"a Bit of Bragging"
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:43:06 -0400

- --
At 5:39 AM -0700 6/6/02, M.J. Small wrote:
Now, YOU folks can help me by pointing out the errors which must be lurking
in my writing ...

Excellent article Marc. I don't know if this was an error, but on my
IIIf the use of the release bridge doesn't require the removal of the
shutter release collar--it threads inside the collar.(Perhaps IIIc s
differ from IIIf s in this detail). On my IIIa the collar must, of
course, be removed. Actually I only use the Novoflex on the IIIf
because the IIIa's film advance is VERY stiff with the release bridge
screwed in place.

IMO the Novoflex is a very functional reflex housing --in some ways
more so than a Viso II because of the ability to rotate the camera
body for verticals. Of course that little release bridge IS easy to
loose (I shudder to think what Novoflex would charge for a new one)
but, so far, I've been lucky.

Bob Marvin