Subject: Re: [Leica] This is LUG??
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:59:52 -0700

Michael J. Murphy wrote:
>>> Islay malts win it all the time for me, but I have had a love affair
with
> Talisker 25-year old for more than that number of years! Even used to make
> my own, but it didn't stay in the keg long enough to mature!

Michael,
Now I'm partial to Talisker meself, however even thinking I'd take on making
me own is a tad much. :-) Besides like you, I don't think it would make full
barrel time!. :-)

Something like bottling our wine and then have it sit at least four months
before uncorking. It's been known in these quarters to pop the cork a few
days after it's in the bottle. ;-) You know, a sort of taste testing routine
so when it's been a year in the bottle, of course praying some of it lasts
that long, ;-) we'll know the difference from a few days to a year. She who
must be obeyed, me good wife of 52 years, never believes my line on taste
testing whether it's wine or single malt. :-)

However, I do it anyway. ;-)

> The Grants have all the best sayings - "Stand Fast"!<<<<

It's a fine motto alright, but on occasion as the Grant's did in the Battle
of Culloden, it's best to run fast than stand fast and get punched out! :-)

Glad yer aboard and like some of the lads have said, "hang loose and you'll
have a great time!" As we can always use every experienced hand to impart
their years of knowledge gained from using Leicas, rather than playing with
them.G'day sir.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant