Subject: [Leica] This is CHUG A LUG?? ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:00:18 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:

> After we set up the clinics, the rest of the group went
> back down the mountain to stay in Huehuetenango, taking my Lagavulin with
> them.  I stayed with a local family and was almost struck by lightening
> several times during a severe storm.  It was too dark for even my
Noctilux.
> The next morning the rest of the group came back up the mountain with the
> news that the World Trade Center had been hit by planes.  They also told
me
> that they had drunk all of my Lagavulin while watching the BBC reports at
> their hotel.  I had spent the night freezing and wet and dreaming of my
> Lagavulin.  After we got back home, two of the doctors brought me bottles
> of Lagavulin, but I'm not sure I'll ever forget or forgive!!!<<<<

You supplied the nectar of the Gods when needing it yourself and all you
received was a couple of  bottles? What cheap beggars they were, surely a
couple of cases from each or those who tucked it all down would've been far
more appropriate under the circumstances. Then maybe you might have forgiven
a tiny bit, but never forget a dastardly deed such as that. ;-)

I'm mean leaving a cold, wet and freezing woman on a mountain top, drinking
her Lagavulin, my goodness. what cads! And only offer a couple of bottles?
My heavens where has chivalry and good manners gone! ;-)

Tina, without question it's a moment to forget, however, I'd keep it always
at the back of my mind in the event you fall upon a similar situation
requiring something must go down the mountain. The first thing would be all
the teetotalers if they're taking your Lagavulin with them.. ;-) The others
can stay on the mountain. :-)

Although the next time get 2 bottles and keep one close to your cameras,
then you know it'll be safe even if the good docs walk off with the other.
:-)  After all, Leica and Lagavulin go hand in hand for the best of the
best.:-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant