Subject: Re: [Leica] This is CHUG A LUG?? ;-)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:41:49 -0400

At 05:00 PM 6/6/02 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm mean leaving a cold, wet and freezing woman on a mountain top, drinking
>her Lagavulin, my goodness. what cads! And only offer a couple of bottles?
>My heavens where has chivalry and good manners gone! ;-)
>

>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

But Ted!!!  One bottle of Lagavulin on the top of a mountain in Guatemala
where the nearest Lagavulin is at least two days away has to be worth more
than two bottles at home!!  No, at the time I would have settled for
Premium Rotgut or Mogan David Special.  Those lightning strikes scared me
worse than I've ever been scared.  I was wet and cold and sleeping in a
very strange place with 12 strangers who spoke a Mayan dialect that I
didn't understand.  Then the next day to hear about the Twin Towers on our
bus taking patients to the clinic (what? twins?  airplanes? a bomb?)  They
all thought China had attacked the USA.  That's when I put in perspective
my fear about the lightning and freezing with very hospitable
strangers.  But I'm not letting go of my Lagavulin again.  You just can't
trust those doctors!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com