Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh (sp?) rant - hot to handle!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:10:51 -0700

Edward Caliguri wrote:

> Hi all-
>     I have a photo friend here who is a Nikon Freak (OK - he's a great
> photographer and is one of the best in Boston major newspaper shooters) He
> asked me what's all this 'Bokeh"'stuff? I explained that as best I could -
> his response (ALWAYS cynical about Leica) was " Yeah, you Leica Nuts WOULD
> buy $2500 lenses on how great they show something out of focus!! - I have a
> $2.99 magnifyng glass that's super at that!" ---- I happen to think 'Bokeh'
> is important! I show him pics and all - but no go. What's the 'bokeh
> cognoscente think??
>     EC

He wants to shoot every thing with his Nikons. Maybe we should let him.
At least he didn't switch to Canon like all the other lemmings.

You're in the best position to change his mind by showing him examples
of shots done with Leicas which could turn his head around...
bokeh wise and other wise.

Perhaps if he joined the LUG we could try to change his mind.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com