Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh (sp?) rant - hot to handle!
From: david degner <leicanews@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

> I still can't think of an image that was "made"
> because of its bokeh,
> and I've never seen an image that was rendered
> useless because of its
> bokeh.

In Dorothea Lange's photo of a girl holding a barbed
wire fence while her mother stands, out of focus, in
the background, the bokeh has a substantial impact on
the photo.  Im not sure what type of camera she used
or even if the bokeh in the photo could be consider
good, but in the end it is important for the mood of
the photo.  You have to see the photo in print to get
its full impact but  it is the 5th one from the top on
http://thecity.sfsu.edu/pacific.pix/WEBPAGE/dorothea3.html
.

David Degner

Would the original negatives or prints of this photo
be held by the Library of Congress?