Subject: Re: [Leica] What Neutral Density filter should I get?
From: alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:36:19 -0700

> Tristan Tom wrote:
> >
> > What grade Neutral Density filter should I get if I want to try to do
some
> > daylight fill flash photos with an M7?
> >
> > Thanks for any info,
> >
> > -Tristan

What effect are you trying to do??

  Are you trying to slow down the film speed so that you can shoot with a
wide open f-stop,  to have the background out of focus.  This is a great
effect,  also pick out a slow film.

Or, are you thinking that the flash will overpower the natural light.  Does
your flash have variable power settings?  That will let you control the
light to fill light ratio. there are a few tricks that you can do like that.
You can even filter the flash.

And the best advise I can always give is to shoot a test roll and see what
happens.

Alex