Subject: [Leica] Re: screen display dimensions
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:44:57 +1000

Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net> wrote:

> [...] but I seriously doubt whether it is possible to judge optical
> quality of a given system by seeing the results on the web. The web
> has many qualities but doing justice to the highest optical quality
> isn't one of them.

Actually, it is possible now to put any sized image online if you
use server-based zoom technology...

<http://4020.net/zoomable>

Here you can zoom in on the details and you are only limited by the
amount of server space you have. ;?)

BTW, I always author for 800 x 600 screens.  I've been burnt
too many times in the past assuming that "everyone" uses 1000
x 800.  I would rock up to a client and recoil in horror at
the *tiny* screens they have (one IT guy at a museum was
actually still using a 14-inch monitor!!!)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
Blue Mountains NSW, Australia

<http://nemeng.com>

[ high-res. 360-degree and zoomable interactive photography ]
[ 6/9V CoolPix and DAT DC battery powerpacks ]
[ hexar silver silent-mode modification ]
[ candid colour people photography ]
[ location binaural sound ]
[ leica camera FAQ ]
[ vr java applets ]