Subject: Re: [Leica] best way to 'tag' my leica - left my camera in a pizza shop
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

Very lucky...I had a similar experience when coming
back from a vacation with the family, I left a bag
with all my Hasselblad equipment in it at the remote
car park (just loaded all the bags in the car except
for the camera bag, and drove off and left it) and
noticed a week later when I went to pack for another
trip.

Amazingly it was stll in the lost and found at the car
park at the DFW airport! I guess it was thanks to
someone honest finding it, and the fact that the bag
was old and VERY worn...maybe they just didn't know
what those funny "old boxy cameras" were. In any case
I considered myself very lucky to get back equipment
that took 20 years to collect.

I think someone already mentioned this, but pet tags
are great, durable, cheap, and easy to attach to a
camera bag or strap. They have machines that will make
them for you while you wait at Pets Mart.