Subject: Re: D60 vs. D100 (was Re: [Leica] Re:Re: OT: Digital wars)
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:47:59 -0500

The word from Nikon is that the D100 will begin shipping in July. If Nikon
makes very few like Canon's D60, the backorder log will take months to fill.
Even big companies such as B&H, Calumet, and others have a waiting list.
Good luck to the ones who get the D100 first. But, I am told from a local AP
photographer that some AP guys have been shooting with the D100 already.

With Contax now having a full-frame 24x36 chip, I'm sure Canon and Nikon are
both working on the next line of digital SLR's.

Chris Williams
New Orleans