Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Problem
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:09:57 -0400

At 03:54 PM 6/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>images@InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)6/28/0212:46 PM
>
> > I'm scanning now.
>
>And when do we get your report on the Leica Digilux?
>
>George

George -

You already did :-)   See:  RE: [Leica] M7 Problem - What about the Digilux?

Here is what I said in case you can't find the e-mail:

I took 407 photographs with the Digilux.  It worked perfectly and the files
are already stored on CD's.  I took both the Digilux and Lumix so I would
have a back-up recharged battery.  When my 128 MB cards were full, I
downloaded the files to a Digital Album in the field.

The disadvantage to the Digilux turned out to be that huge bright screen on
the back.  People in Honduras had never seen anything like that and as soon
as they got a glimpse of themselves on the screen, any possibility of my
remaining invisible was gone.  Children and adults crowded around wanting
me to take photo after photo and show it to them.  I have lots of photos of
crowds of grinning people.  After an hour or two of that, I put up the
Digilux and told them that the battery was dead.  I got out my M7 and it
took awhile before they realized that I was now boring and they could
ignore me.

I did use the Digilux for all of the record shots of the medical brigade
and their work.  I will have a travelogue type CD ready to send out to all
of the members of the group next week.  That usually takes me a couple of
months when I'm working with film.

The Digilux will never replace the M's for me because the strength of the
M's for me are their invisibilty and durability - neither of which are
strengths of the Digilux.  It is convenient, though!

Leically,

Tina

P.S.  The quality of the photos looks very good.  Colors are
accurate.  Exposure is right on.  Focus worked fine.  I have no complaints
about the quality of the digital files.

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: