Subject: [Leica] Jobo and colour neg processing
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:02:34 +1000

I have just sent this to jobo, but perhaps someone might be able to
help me here. You can reply off list if you prefer

I am using a jobo ATL 3 processor, and wish to develop R4A prints
using AGFA chemistry. Agfa suggest that a liter of chemistry can
process 38 sheets of 10 x 8. My tank uses 120mls per 2 sheets of 10x8
and because the delivery of chemistry is not very accurate (this I'm
told by Jobo here in Australia is a problem even on the newer
machines) by dialing up 110 mls, I end up using between 130 and 140
mls for each process. This means I'm using almost 3 times the volume
of chemistry required.

Should I seek to become more efficient by

1. Diluting the chemistry and increasing development/process times
and if so would you have any idea as to the percentages

2. Reclaim the used chemistry and add it to the remaining fresh
stuff, eg doing 6 processes, which would use about 720 to 750 mls,
and then mixing it back into the remaining 250 mls and then
processing another 7 times, giving me 26 prints, or 2/3 the maximum
that Agfa recommends.

3. Find a chemistry which can be better used in the Jobo system
(sadly Jobo chemicals are not available here)

4. other suggestions ;-)

I favour trying number 2, but would prefer to find some way of using
number 1 so that I continue to have one shot processing.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Jobo and colour neg processing)