Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:33:02 -0700

Thanks for the response Tina.....  If I understand you correctly, a
paraphrase of what you found is...

The M7 is great because, in the aperture priority metering mode of this
camera's opertation, after you selectively ( or intelligently ) meter, you
simply hold down the shutter button half way to lock that exposure in.....
The M6 requires the user to turn the shutter speed dial to do the same
thing.

It is still a wonderful, emotive shot....

Now about that comment on no electricity.......... My wife and I just stayed
at a small hotel in Sequoia NP.  Nice, but basic place.  We went to bed
early, with an expectation of getting up early to shoot and travel. What a
surprise to my wife ( especially) when her hair dryer would not go on.. nor
would the lights...  It seems the proprietor forgot to mention that they
uise a generator to make electricity, and turn it OFF at night, until HE
wakes up in the AM..... sometime after 9:00 AM........  She was not amused.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net