Subject: Re: [Leica] Service issues with Gateway...digital darkroom update
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:35:52 -0400

Darrell - flash back to the days of 386 - bought my first really fast
computer - Got it from Gateway.  Had it on a Friday - swell - have the whole
weekend to play with it.  Friday it was great - all sorts of fun.  Saturday
wake up - turn on the machine and zzzzzzst. No power supply.  Was told when
I bought the machine that there was local service.  Not exactly.. They have
service in Rochester, NY 70 miles away and that I would have to wait for the
power supply to be shipped to my house then and only then could I call back
to arrange a service visit.  Yes I know that power supplies just go... No
reason they just blow.  My wife said just calm down no one died.  Went
outside with a beer - had most of it and then I said F***IT and returned the
whole computer by mail.  Have ordered 10-15 computers since then from DELL
and nary a problem and when there was a problem excellent service.

Moral of the story - All the cows in the world don't make a great company -
screw the cows and give good service.

Ernie nitka