Subject: Re: [Leica] Service issues with Gateway...digital darkroom update
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:09:42 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with you. I've had three Dell's, one for each
of my kids when they went away to school, and one for
my wife....should have gotten one for myself, but the
Gateway was about 30% cheaper...now I see why. Having
worked in several service companies I should have
checked the details before buying. I sure will from
now on.

The one draw back with the Dell is that the mother
board is proprietary and you are limited in terms of
add on's...my son got into digital video production
and had to buy a new machine because the Dell couldn't
support four diskdrives with disk array SW due to
limitations of his mother board.

That said, a Dell probably would have done everything
I needed....I was half tempted to just go down to a
computer store and buy a power supply and drop it in
myself.  They can't cost much, and now I will spend a
holiday week with sweltering heat outside NOT working
on printing....Oh well guess I'll get out the cameras,
brave the heat and go shoot....DJ
- --- Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Darrell - flash back to the days of 386 - bought my
> first really fast
> computer - Got it from Gateway.

I said