Subject: Re: [Leica] 135 APO images
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:27:10 +0100

On 8/7/02 2:08 am, "Mitch Zeissler" <zeissler@directvinternet.com> wrote:

> All...
>
> Below is a link to some candid portraits I took last week and represent the
> two best shots out of 3 rolls.  I'm still working the kinks out of shooting
> with the SF20 setup as a bounce flash.  Also, with the 135 APO I have found
> that I tend to focus on the subject's right eye, a big no-no in terms of
> where I actually wanted the focus plane.  However, that said, these two
> shots are among the finest I have yet taken of the subjects [my in-laws].
>
> http://members.aol.com/leicashooter/private/index.htm
> Specs:  M6 .85 TTL/135mm APO, Portra 160 NC, f/3.4 @ 1/50th, SF20 bounced
>
> All comments or suggestions are welcome.

Mitch

I may have missed an earlier post but can you tell me how you are bouncing
the SF20.  You have achieved a very natural look with these two images.
Using the 135, is the SF20 powerful enough to bounce and still affect the
image, given the distance from which you would be shooting.  These look
natural enough that they could be just available light, no visible sign of
flash assistance.

Thanks.

Simon