Subject: [Leica] Re: Opinions Please 135mm lens for M
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:16:10 -0400

Mike:

If you're on a budget & are willing to stick to Canon RF glass, there's
always the excellent black 135/3.5, which can be had on eB*y for less than
$100.

Chris

- -------------------

From: "Mike Stoesz" <mstoesz@wyoming.com>
Subject: [Leica] Opinions Please 135mm lens for M

Good day;

I have recently been on a Leica buying/trading binge and have acquired
2 Leica M-3's (a double-stroke and a single-stroke), and a Leica
Standard.  I have been using my Canon LTM lenses on the M's so far,
(50f1.8, 50f1.2, 85f1.9, 100f4 chrome, 100f3.5 black/chrome, 100f3.5
black, and 135f3.5 chrome).

I wish to acquire a Leica 135mm lens for use at coffeeshops, stage
shows, dance productions.  Unfortunately the current 135f3.4 is out of
my affordability range.  How do the 135f2.8 Elmarit and the 135f4
Tele-Elmar compare for my intended use.  I am comfortable using Ilford
Delta 3200 and Fuji Neopan 1600 as film choices and can use a monopod
or shoulder brace if needed.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each of these lenses from
personal experiences?

Many thanks, Mike
Laramie, Wyo. where I may have the only Leicas in town.