Subject: [Leica] Push versus Pull
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:55:27 +0000

Will be shooting black-and-white in available light at a nightclub with
minimal stage lighting reasonably soon. Expect to either push some 400 speed
film (Tri-X, HP5 or Delta 400) or maybe pull something (Kodak or Ilford
3200).

Skin tones are what's important in this shoot -- female singer -- which
leans me slightly toward the pull approach. Material is for reproduction,
online and, possibly, print.

Any thoughts about the pros and cons of pushing or pulling in such
conditions -- and which film might perform best? Recommendations about
processing also welcome; been awhile since I've shot like this.

On- and off-list opinions/advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Greg Rubenstein
gcr910@msn.com