Subject: Re: [Leica] Push versus Pull
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:43:05 -0700

><Snip>
> A better solution for low light is Fuji Neopan 1600.  It is a real 1600
> speed film with a proper gray scale at 1600.  There are quite a few list
> members that are getting really great images from this stock in Xtol at 1:3
> dilution.  I know that I am getting less grain from this combination than
> with FP4 at 125.  That's assuming that I hit the correct exposure.  Like
> most films overexposure increases grain size.
>
> Listen to Ted, try Neopan, and I think that if detail and grayscale are what
> you want the images to have then you will be pleased.
>
> Don

A friend of mine bought a brick of Neopan 1600 from CameraWorld
yesterday and shot a rock group last night and processed it last night
as well in Xtol 1:3.
He had been impressed with my results.
As Don says it can compete with medium speed films run in Rodinal or
other less excellent developers.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com