Subject: Re: [Leica] Push versus Pull
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:19:26 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> > Listen to Ted, try Neopan, and I think that if detail and grayscale are
what
> > you want the images to have then you will be pleased.

Hi Don,
I must give credit to Mark Rabiner in finally getting me settled into using
Neopan 1600 correctly with the right developing mix and times. EXTOL 1:3 as
it's a magical film in the truly available darkness route.

I'm amazed at the fine qualtiy it produces under atrocious light conditions.
It's so far a head of 3200 films no matter what you do to squeeze quality
out of them, the Neopan shoots them down with your eyes closed.

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> A friend of mine bought a brick of Neopan 1600 from CameraWorld
> yesterday and shot a rock group last night and processed it last night
> as well in Xtol 1:3.
> He had been impressed with my results.
> As Don says it can compete with medium speed films run in Rodinal or
> other less excellent developers.<<<<

And right there is the truth of what can be accomplished with neopan 1600
and EXTOL!

>>> As Don says it can compete with medium speed films run in Rodinal or
other less excellent developers.<<<<

I don't go on any shoot without rolls of it handy. And given the women
medical project is picking-up steam I figure before Dec. 31, 02 we'll have
killed a couple hundred rolls of it along with a couple hundred rolls of
Tri-x and lord knows how many gallons of EXTOL! ;-) Not to mention film
developing and printing time, both wet and scanner / computer / Epson .

Look at it this way,  any time Mark Rabiner tells you how to do something in
the darkroom because that's what he does..... it's gospel! :-)  Thanks again
Mark. ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant