Subject: [Leica] Developing Temperature
From: "Tom Smart" <tom@sleepytom.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:33:15 -0500

I've started to develop my own film with Ilford's online reference as my
guide.  The reference recommends starting the developing process at 70
degrees F., allowing it to cool to 68 degrees during development (dd-x
developer).  Is it common to allow for 2 degrees of cooling during
development, or is it more typical to start at 68 degrees?  My first roll of
Ilford Delta 100 seemed to work well as suggested (12 minutes), now I'm
going to develop a couple of rolls of Delta 400 and plan to start it at 70
degrees (8 minutes).  Also, can I plan on both rolls in a 2-roll tank to
develop evenly or will the 30-second pour time allow the bottom roll to
develop more strongly than the top roll?

Thanks,

Tom Smart

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Developing Temperature)