Subject: Re: [Leica] OM-1 batteries
From: Meino de Graaf <mgraaf@csc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:31:23 +0200

Herb,

have a look at http://www.criscam.com. I faced the same problem for my
leicameter and I bought the CRIS CR9 adapter
from them.

Meino de Graaf

                    Herbert & Lee
                    Kanner               To:     leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                    <kanner              cc:     WDHightowe@aol.com
                    @acm.org>            Subject:     [Leica] OM-1 batteries
                    Sent by:
                    owner-leica-u
                    sers

                    07/24/02
                    09:22 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    leica-users

I'm posting this on behalf of a non-photographer friend.  He has an OM-1,
whose mercury battery is still alive; the unavailability of mercury
batteries in the U.S. came as a surprise to him.  I am not current on the
various alternatives; the cameras in my stable that use them (at least a
Rollei 35S and a Nikkormat) have long since been retired.  So, what should
I advise him: conversion  of his camera, some trick adaptor device, Wien
cell, smuggling in mercury batteries from Canada?  I know that he would be
responsible about disposing of used mercury batteries at the hazardous
waste dump.

Any help will be appreciated.

Herb