Subject: Re: [Leica] Do I need a 'slim' filter for a 24mm elmarit?
From: "Meino de Graaf" <mgraaf@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:10:02 +0100

It depends,

The 24 mm is (I asume the 24mm M) tricky. I had a (recent) regular B&W
filter that caused vignetting, The B&W slimline doesnot cause vignetting,
but it won't allow the use of the hood.

Meino de Graaf

                    "eric
                    korenman"            To:     leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                    <leica_korenm        cc:
                    an                   Subject:     [Leica] Do I need a 'slim' filter for a 24mm elmarit?
                    @hotmail.com>
                    Sent by:
                    owner-leica-u
                    sers

                    12/10/02
                    04:12 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    leica-users

Just bought a 24mm elmarit (thanks Phong!)

Buying some film from B&H today, and I would also like to get a UV filter
for the lens. My gut tells me to get a 'slim' mount filter, but, of course,
it costs roughly triple the price of a regular filter.

Anyone have experience with this?
Will a refulat filter results in vignetting?

thanks
Eric