Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: M7
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:06:22 -0700

Bill  asmp wrote:

> Hi Ted,
> Please excuse my skepticism, although I'm quite satisfied with the M6
meter (similar to the M7)- if you got the red dot, the exposure is correct.
But as Tina has pointed out, sometimes you still have to pay attention to
what is being metered. So, even as good of a meter as the M7 has, when you
say, "good exposure every time", well, maybe most of the time.<<<<

Hi Bill,
Like no, "all the time!"

And sure, as Tina points out pointing the lens at something else as fast as
you're metering, composing, focusing and just about shooting while doing
this faster than it takes to read it, the exposures are made and on the
mark.... colour or B&W.

And that my friend is the difference between a pro who has no time to fiddle
and shoots before an amateur begins to think or
to act! If you are a pro please accept my apologizes. No offence mon ami,
but that's the difference between Tina, myself and other pros who earn our
living and have shot for many years as published professionals.  I suppose
it's called experience and adapting to new camera's and how they function
and what we want them to do without thinking about it.

>>I'm sure I could find lighting situations that would fool the M7 meter.
:-)<<<

I guess I could do the same thing if I had time for nothing else, however
I'd find it a complete waste of good shooting time.:-) Besides even in the
tough lighting conditions you may offer I'd adapt to the situation and do
what's necessary in handling the camera I.E.. maybe pointing at the floor or
another direction and make the exposure faster than you or I explain how to
make a correct exposure.

> Besides, having just bought a new M6ttl, I have to be skeptical of the M7
to justify my purchase.<<<

Pity, too bad you didn't buy the M7 right off. ;-) However, it's not too
late to sell the M6TTL and buy the M7! ;-) Thereby avoiding any skepticism.
:-)

ted