Subject: [Leica] R8 Viewfinder Question
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:17:55 -0700

I currently have an M3 and like it very much.

Today I decided I might also look into an SLR camera.  Not having a
Leica dealer close by so I could look at an R8, which would be my
choice, I looked at some Nikon and Canon cameras -- and was totally
disappointed in the viewfinders.

I am very nearsighted.  These viewfinders could be corrected so I could
see through them clearly with my glasses on, but I found them very hard
to use -- hard to focus, and things look very small compared to the M3
viewfinder.

I am wondering if some of you could tell me if this might also be true
of the R8 - is it's viewfinder somewhat the same as the ones mentioned
above.  If so, I think I would be disappointed in it as well.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Ted in Olalla

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: R8 Viewfinder Question)