Subject: [Leica] [Leica} LHSA should it live or should it die?
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitkamd@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:24:31 -0400

My take on all this talk is that if an organization dies because of lack of
support ( spiritual and financial) then so be it.  This is not like the
endangered snail darter :)  There is no mandate that LHSA survive or that it
survive in it's present incarnation.  For those who feel it should
survive... well then any and all methods of recusitation are fair game
including letting newcomers in for free and making old timers double their
dues.  Unintended consequence is that some like myself will say that $100
per year is too much for what we get from the magazine, quarterly sales
brochure. As has been already brought out the Internet LUG provides many
features not part of the LHSA experience.

I and I'm sure many LUG'ers not in NYC, Phily are jealous of the onsite get
togethers. Anyone on the list in Central New York interested in a similar
get together?

ernie

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable man
progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw