Subject: [Leica] LHSA Annual Meeting; half-price membership for newLUG members! L... and Women
From: sbug@kkh.com.sg
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:22:46 +0800

Friends

Permit me to share the experiences that I have with the Contax Club in
Singapore.  Contax cameras are not cheap and many of the owners of Contax
gear are still the slightly better off old grumps and middle aged
stalwarts. Generally over here there is less activity over collecting
contaxes than leicas. Yet this Club has a good mix of young ladies, young
men, middle age men and women and the usual old farts. In analysis, I note
that the Club philosophy is outward looking and activity filled.

1. Anyone can join for $14 per year. For that, you get on the mailing list
and receive a bi-monthly newsletter listing the activities organised by the
club. You can take part in all activities.

2. Owning Contax gear is not a necessary requirement. You can bring along
your N**** or C**** or M****** gear and your pictures taken with them to
share. You can look and handle the Contax gear owned by other members. If
you are interested you can buy Contax later.

3. There are organized slide shows, photo clinics (bring your prints to get
an expert opinion), outings, social nights during festive occasions, and
trips abroad.   For outings and photo shoots, Contax camera users pay $3,
non-contax camera users pay $5 and non-members pay $8 to cover costs. So
nobody is left out. I see many non-members become members at such outings.

Any celibate members??  You bet there are! I have just seen one sweet young
lady going steady now with a middle age bachelor. They met each other at a
photo shoot trip some months back and "found each other".

Dan K.