Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA/LUG
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:22:00 -0700

><Snip>
>     Lastly, Mark Rabiner is wrong, the LHSA is NOT a money making operation.
> It is chartered as a non-profit organization.
> See you there!!!
> Sal DiMarco, Jr.
> Philadelphia, PA

Yep Sal I was wrong when i called LHSA a "business."
That term just came to mind because of discussions I was involved in
about how much money we had in the coffers and how much money did we
make doing this and that and how much can we afford to lose doing this.
Those issues does not a "Business" make I know now and you as Marc James
Small has just brought that to my attention this week and I looked it
up.  I gather that just because you have business dealings it doesn't
mean you are a "business."
That's OK with me. "Clubs" are not businesses. That's cool to know. But
I also wonder how many people would know that?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from "Martins Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv> (Re: [Leica] LHSA/LUG)