Subject: RE: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves - Now take it to the Lugforum
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:29:02 -0600

> I thought in large part that had already taken place. The hushed secret
> that is really no secret at all is that Europe's culture has already
> been irreversibly altered by emigration. It can be argued whether that's
> good or bad, but it's hard to argue against what anyone can see with his
> eyes: parts of France look as much like Turkey as France. Same with
> England and Italy.  And since the birth rate of Europe is still
> declining, it's only a matter of mathematics before most of Europe's
> historical past becomes just that, history.
>
> Allan

Jeesh Allan tell me some news that isn't at least 2000 years old!

Parts of Britain (and France and Germany) once looked like Rome.. The Celts
came, the Angles and Saxons came, black immigrants (and/or slaves...) have
been coming to Britain and Spain for hundreds of years (indeed, black people
came to Britain with the Roman Legions - some stayed). Oh, there were the
Vikings and many others. Huguenots settled in Britain. So did Jews, as they
did in France. Moors controlled and influenced much of Spain, especially in
terms of racial makeup, as well as architecture and so on and so on. Many
Europeans see it as the ongoing movement of history, not as something to be
resisted, because it's what we came from.

My own makeup from the North of England is part Celt, part Viking and a good
portion Anglo-Saxon.. I grey up around and went to school with lots of
Indian and Pakistani kids, as well as ones from the Caribbean. So what -
They considered themselves as English as I am

tim