Subject: Re: [Leica] Amazing photo treasure trove...
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:39:25 -0400

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> writes:

> The UNC Chapel Hill library has William Gedney's journals, writings,
> books - and all his prints, contact sheets, and negs - and there are
> countless photos on-line that can be browsed through...The work is
> incredibly good....I would recommend that anyone interested try starting
> here.. http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/dynaweb/gedney/books/bd03/

Not to nit-pick... I think that is the Duke library. UNC, however,
host the ibiblio project which includes *many* photographic collections
and may be a wonderful place for aspiring documentary photographers
and archivists to get published on the web. The director, Paul Jones,
is one of the nicest, most open people I have ever met and is always
looking for good material for ibiblio.

Cheers,

Dave