Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Bouncing baby email question
From: Emilio Perea <eperea@walkereng.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:46:47 -0500

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:29:54AM -0600, John Collier wrote:
> Some email programs have a "bounce to sender" command and I was
> wondering if this is an effective option. I have up till now always just
> used the delete key. The thought of causing minor discomfort at the
> other end is strangely appealing but I would not want to just be
> alerting someone that they have a live connection. Does anyone know if
> this feature actually works or is it just something you use to annoy
> your ex?

It might work in some cases, but I wouldn't try it on this mailing list!

"Bounce" usually refers to sending mail back to the address in the
envelope, which in this list seems to be set to null <>.  Your program
might send it to the address in the "Reply-To:" line of the header, in
which case it would go to the whole list, annoying everybody.