Subject: Re: [Leica] X-raying of film by overnight couriers
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:00:07 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> Unless it is your livelihood and/or your reputation I would just carry the
> film onboard.
>
> I'll say it again.  Lately, I have been traveling several times a week
with
> 1600 speed film through the scanners and occasionally when the luggage
> nazi's get rambunctious through the checked scanners.  At no time has my
> film shown any signs of fogging.  Most of the time the rolls get scanned
> many multiple times as I buy bricks that may take several weeks to
consume.<<<

Hi Don,
It's what I've been saying for sometime here and on the LEG. Just take your
film on board as carry on and don't sweat it!!!!

However, both you and I are beating our heads on a concrete post trying to
help our members get over this non-problem of carry on scanner hand baggage
effects. Yep if one is crazy enough to put film in as "checked baggage" ....
then suffer the consequences as everyone has been warned repeatedly about
checked bags scanners and that it will likely fry your film, exposed or not!

But carry on wont, nor can the operator turn it up to see through etc! Can't
happen, despite whatever some think happens due to a couple times of their
bag going back and forth. I've said and will say it one more time, just ask
for a hand inspection and if it looks like some dim whit security person is
going to hand hold and check 50 to 200 rolls, just tell him to throw it on
the scanner belt and get on with life! Then pick-up the bag and go get on
your plane! Stay cool, get seated and order a single malt scotch and enjoy
yer flight!

KISS folks.  keep it simple, fly easy, carry on your film!!
ted

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] X-raying of film by overnight couriers)