Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Like Scala, but not the cost?
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:12:04 -0300

Michael E. Berube wrote:

> FYI...
>
> I just got back a roll of Ilford's Delta 400 that I sent to Kodak to "Process
> as Scala." It rocks!
> I shot it at 200 ISO (Scala's regular rating) and wrote "Process as Scala" on
> the canister and envelope.
>
> Took the same 2 weeks and it a bit grainier and certainly a bit warmer (which
> I prefer), but it has all that great tonality that is found in Agfa's Scala
> slides at about half the cost. This will be my first choice in B&W for fun
> photos from now on.
> ($14.99 for processing a 36 exp roll, $2.99 for the roll itself instead of
> $9.99 for a roll of Agfa's Scala.)

hey Michael,

I've been thinking of doing that too.
Glad to see you're happy with the stuff.
I'll go that too... hope to be as happy as you are.

By the way, Scala processing in Buenos Aires is less than USD 3.- yes, well
read, less than THREE US dollars. And picking up is after one and a half or
two hours. And the lab is GREAT.

regards

Pablo