Subject: [Leica] Opinions on Leica C1 pocket-sized model sought
From: Jeanne Tifft <jtifft@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:13:31 -0400

Does anyone use this pocket size model?  I've used an Olympus clamshell
for years as a sort of travelling sketchbook, but the lens quality just
isn't what I'd like (my "real" cameras are Canon F1, T9, with FD lenses
which are sensational) so I'm in the market for something as handy but
with better (ie sharper, color balanced) lens quality.  I'd like some
real world users' opinions on this little Leica model versus Nikon Lite
Touch zoom (various focal lengths available) and the Canon Sureshot
models.  It may be a matter of choosing between longer range telephotos
(up to 140 for the Nikon) which I'd like and a narrower range (the C1's
35mm-70mm) for Leica lens superiority, if that's the case.  If you can
offer useful comparative experience on these, I'd  be very interested.
If this isn't a suitable list question, reply to me directly please.
Many thanks in advance.
- --
Jeanne D. Tifft
5902 Mt. Eagle Drive, Apt. 910