Subject: Re: [Leica] re: dishonesty on the lug
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:36:53 -0700

> >I just bought Brad Daly's 12mm lens, finder, etc. He
> >came up with an interesting way of quick shipping
> >items between LUG members. You post that the money is
> >on it's way to the LUG, and at the same time the
> >seller ships the item. If any of us are dishonest it
> >is visible to all. <<<<

Kyle Cassidy responded:

> i may be a fool, but i'd trust any lugger and ship the moment they told me
> "sold". my experience with people on this list has been so outstandingly
> positive -- people i've never met have loaned me gear, cars, let me stay
in
> their houses, etc. my life has been made much richer from knowing you
all.<<

Hi Kyle,
I absolutely agree with you. This is family, not some gang of not so good
bad guys without ethics.

In my case I've sold probably 150 copies of my book "This is Our Work." to
members all over the world and never had a miscue of payment. I tried to
make it work like this; As soon as a copy was ordered and I had the mailing
address, I shipped immediately and the buyer knew that it was on the way.
They inturn sent me a cheque at the same time and as far as I know nary a
miss for either party.

As far as I'm concerned if you can't trust someone who is a Leica owner and
a member in the group, then who in the hell can you trust in this world. It
isn't necessary to openly post personal  trans-actions, as it isn't anyone
else's business but the seller and the buyer. And like I said, if you can't
trust the folks on this list then who can you trust.

And like you, I've shared the homes, cars, meals and camaraderie and most
importantly ... the friendship of many here. Because over time we learn what
the person is about by reading how they respond to the list and to each
other. Also in personal mail back and forth.

As in the movie "Band of Brothers" a close nit group of soldiers, I'd say
we're a " very unique band of brothers and sisters!" And we're extremely
fortunate that this wonderful electronic medium and the ability of Brian
Reid to supply the connection allowing us to learn and enjoy the friendship
of people all over the globe.

Surely we can be honest here, when the world is so corrupt with crooked
CEO's mindless President's and other nefarious sub-humans.

ted