Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7 problems
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:26:41 -0500

Nathan, several posts have referred to the advance lever locking up.
Leica could not repair it so they replaced the cameras. The ISO dial is
not loose in that sense, posts have indicated it is too easy to move it
and it goes unnoticed. Several posts have mentioned the battery cover
falling off. I am sure not every M has these problems. Otherwise, I
agree about the blinking viewfinder. I assume all 7s do have the flare
problem. I have the 2,3,4,5 and 3 6s. Shoot them all while patiently
waiting to get a  7. This is the way I time travel. I am also enjoying
the joys of a MF Leica type rangefinder, the Mamiya 7. Now have to get
in the darkroom and do some printing  while the chemistry is still being
made. :-)