Subject: Re: [Leica] Screwmount Lenses
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:37:20 -0600

If you are willing to buy one hundred units, or can arrange a group to
buy one hundred units, Leica will make any of its current M mount lenses
in LTM. It may take a year or so to arrange all the details and for the
lenses to actually get to production. Leica produced a run of 50/1.4,
50/2 and 35/2A lenses primarily for the Japanese market though they also
turned up in NA after a while. They were very inexpensive at the end,
less than the M version, and came with LTM to M adapter. They also did a
small run of new 35mm finders.

As with all this sort of stuff, they had trouble selling them all and
had to discount them at the end to move them. Naturally, now they are
unavailable, prices are going up.

John Collier