Subject: Re: [Leica] Clementine
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:01:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/02 12:12:49 PM, jsmith45@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Clementine doesn't seem all that...naked...to me. I suppose it could be
embarrassing if it isn't common knowledge that she GETS naked in front of
Gerry. But it just seems like a nice, slightly risque portrait, one that
even a prude might consent to.

Hope I'm right.

Jeffery >>

Jeffrey,

To be quite honest, I'm not really sure how naked she is/was, I briefly
glanced at a very small jpg and saw a face and what appeared to be implied
nudity.  (I suspect shot at 4.5/5.6 with arms in front so breasts and
buttocks are covered/blurred).

In terms of the LUG, I've yet to see a nude photo that would make my mother
blush.  That may be more a telling statement about my mother than the LUG but
it's the truth.
And it might very well be that because I'm female I'm hypersensitive to this
issue, or maybe it's because I generally shoot nudes that AREN't implied or
that I shoot glamour(esqe) type stuff that have a good amount of fetish/SM
themes running through them....so that I am used to being absolutely sure
that my models and/or friends know where their images might show up.  To me,
it's a power thing.  Someone has exposed themselves to me (in any number of
ways) and I want to be sure I don't ruin that trust.

It's easy enough done as well.  A quick phone call before I upload goes like
this..."uh, remember that really hot shot I took of you last week?  Well can
I show it on the interent?"  The answer..."of course, I love it..." or maybe
"no, see I'm applying for a job in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir next week and
I hear a ton of them are Leica users...."  The point is, I give them the
choice by asking to be sure.  That's just me though.

- -kim

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Clementine)