Subject: [Leica] Re: Infrared (WAS: Landscape images for critique/comment)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:52:34 +0200

Hi Paul,

There are not many books on IR out there. Two that I have are:

Laurie White, Infrared Photography Handbook, Amherst Media 1995.
Hugh Milsom, Infra-Red Photography: A Complete Workshop Guide, Fountain
Press 2001.

Of these two, I would say that Milsom's is the better book, and being
newer, it also covers a greater range of films, including the Maco 820.
But White's book is a good place to start too. Both should be readily
available at Amazon.

There is also an IR mailing list with not too much traffic on it, so it
should not overload your mailbox. I have copied the subscribing
instructions etc. below.

Have fun!

Nathan

Paul Hardy Carter wrote:
> Thanks Nathan,
>
> Curiouser and curiouser! I can see I'll have to do a little homework before I get stuck into this IR stuff. It'll have to wait awhile until I finish other projects anyway.
>
> Can you recommend any good books on the subject, perhaps with good examples?
>
> - PHC

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland