Subject: [Leica] Holiday pictures and pros v amateurs.
From: Ian Watts <i.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:50:53 +0000

John Pakington <johnnie@bbpr.com> wrote:

> I agree. When people ask if I want to see their holiday snaps I tell them to
> edit them down to their best 5 and show me those. That's what a travel
> magazine does.

Maybe, but when someone shows you their holiday snaps they are not
submitting pictures for publication. If I told a friend or acquaintance to
only show me "their 5 best", they would most likely think that I was either
a terrible bore or a pretentious twat. Frankly, they would be right on both
counts. I can't help but think that life is a bit too short not to show
somebody the small courtesy of having  a quick look through the holiday
snaps when asked.

Ian Watts.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Holiday pictures and pros v amateurs.)