Subject: [Leica] Re: A SLUG outing on Saturday....
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:45:39 -0800

The photo of the bike is nice, except that the column next to it is leaning
over. Likewise the building in the other photograph is leaning back.

Since you were using a 4x5, you should have leveled the camera, used
rising/falling front to frame the photographs, thus, keeping the vertical
lines straight and parallel.

All of the photographs show what I call typical TMax lack of shadow detail.
TMax just falls in a hole when you try to find dark detail.

Try APX-100 in D-76 1:1, 12 min. Expose for the shadows. Or, if you meter
off of the general scene (like those that you showed) use ASA 25. The
inside store photograph should be exposed at ASA 100 and developed 14min in
D-76 1:1.

APX-100 is a magnificent film for delivering full scale negatives. And it
works really well in D-76 1:1. My daughter uses it almost exclusively. She
has sold many mounted, matted, and framed prints from       APX-100/D-76
1:1 negatives. Many of her photographs are in the deep forests of No.
California. Streaming sunlight and deep shadows. APX-100 in D-76 1:1 seems
to conquer this huge light ratio with ease.

But hey... this is JMHO.

:)

Jim