Subject: Re: [Leica] a leica full o' film?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:04:23 -0800

Tom Smart responded:

>>> It does on occasion?? You KNOW we will beg for more if you don't
> elaborate....<<<<<

Hi Tom,
Well just to keep the natives quiet until I get back next Sunday here's one
. ;-).

Flying into the Congo and lying across three seats and "NO SEAT BELT ON!"
never ever flown in that manner since.  One scary moment to say the least.

We were flying through some pretty heavy weather and all of a sudden the
plane dropped away like a fast falling rock and as I was dozing at the
initial drop I was sharply awakened as I grabbed at the top of the seats
completely airborne and camera gear flying past me along with box lunch
packages, flying fruit and all kinds of other stuff alog with other airborne
people in the air.

It started and stopped as quick as it happened, however we had some banged
up flight crew members, lots of bruises and wet pants. Mine included, but
that was from flying coffee! True it was the coffee! ;-)

Did I get any pictures? No because that was before I got smart through
experience and learned that:
A/ one should always fly with the seat belt done up!
B/ always have the camera out of the bag and hanging on your knee ready to
go!

So that's one and if yer good while I'm away shooting, when I get back I'll
tell you another... well maybe two. ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant