Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: PAW: Early Snow in Montreal
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:54:03 -0500

> Do you think that the F4 80-200 would be too dark to focus effectively
> on the D30 or D60?

It's in the eye of the beholder :-)   Actually it depends on the
light level.  During normal daytime, outdoors, I often do not
bother to open up to focus, if  I am working at f4, f5.6, or
sometime even f8.  But even at the best of times, it is tedious
because of the poor quality of the viewfinder. It works but you
also have to work hard at it.

> Will the same adapter let one use it on the D1 with the split image
> screen?

Yes,  I tried this at Hunt's this past Sunday.  The Canon rep was
not amused.   Stan the Leica man on the other hand got a kick
out of it.

- - Phong